this is a recipe that was a winner on the southern living contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Cook 1 cup sugar in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sugar melts and turns a light golden brown.
- 3Quickly pour hot caramelized sugar into a 2-quart flan dish.
- 4Using oven mitts, tilt dish to evenly coat bottom and sides.
- 5Let stand 5 minutes.
- 6Sugar will harden.
- 7Whisk together egg yolks and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 8Process egg whites, cream cheese, and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in blender until smooth.
- 9Stir egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture.
- 10Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a large bowl; pour custard over caramelized sugar.
- 11Place dish in a large shallow pan.
- 12Add hot water to pan to a depth of 1/3 up sides of dish.
- 13Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- 14Remove dish from water bath; cool completely on a wire rack.
- 15Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- 16Run a knife around edge of flan to loosen; invert onto a serving plate.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Flan
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.6
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 152.5 mg
- Sodium 182.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 9.0 g