Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was a specialty of my late Aunt Carol. It is more like a cheesecake than a custard, and uses less eggs than other recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- toasted almond
- Melt the sugar in a heavy saucepan until it turns golden.
- Quickly pour melted sugar into 9-inch glass cake pan.
- Put remaining ingredients (except almonds) in blender and blend until smooth. Pour over sugar in cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes in a water bath (place the cake pan inside a larger pan and add water halfway up the side of the cake pan).
- Store in refrigerator until completely cool.
- When ready to serve, carefully flip cake over onto serving plate and top with toasted sliced almonds.