- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in pecans.
- Dough will be crumbly.
- Shape tablespoonsfuls into 2-inch logs and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
- You can drizzle melted chocolate over the cookies if you desire.