Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
A tender and delicate cookie, good any time but they really stand out during the holidays! From "Taste of Home."
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in pecans.
- Dough will be crumbly.
- Shape tablespoonsfuls into 2-inch logs and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
- You can drizzle melted chocolate over the cookies if you desire.
I have made these cookies for the past few Holiday season. My family loves them!!!
Everyone really liked these cookies. They weren't what I was expecting at all -- they are not a sweet cookie, but I really liked the crunchy pecans and they go well with a cup of coffee. Very easy recipe to make and followed it exactly.
Yum Yooper!I had this recipe since last year and I came across it and decided to add it to my cookie tray and oh were they tasty!!Easy to make and they taste divine I didnt wait for them to cool to try one they are reminicent of mexican wedding cookies.I didnt have any chocolate to drizzle but I will definatley try that next time!!