Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a filling that I spoon in between cake layers, especially for loaf cakes, such as carrot, zucchini and blueberry, it gives that extra "kick" to cakes --- If you are making a larger size cake I suggest to double the cream cheese mixture.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemons (optional, but really gives a nice flavor!) or 1 tablespoon orange rind (optional, but really gives a nice flavor!)
- In a bowl beat all ingredients until smooth.
- Layer half of the cake batter in pan.
- Top/spoon with the cream cheese mixture, then top with remaining cake batter.
- Bake as directed.
I loved this recipe. It enhanced my cake wonderfully. I will use this one again. I am sure it will be a family favorite.
Great addition to a coffee cake. Will use for other cakes, too. Thank you!
This is a great filling!!! We loved it!! I used it to fill a german coffee cake and it was a perfect!!! Thanks for posting!!