Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here is a knock out recipe for a moist filled muffin with a dazzling topping. It is moist and just excellent to have for breakfast or a super snack. It may appear to be involved, but not really. You will be happy you made these little gems! Enjoy!!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- O.K. lets make a great muffin!
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- In a small bowl add cream cheese, egg and 2 Tablespoon sugar. Beat till smooth, set aside.
- For Muffins:.
- Mix the sugar, flour, baking powder, soda. cinnamon, salt. Add the pumpkin and the eggs, oil and vanilla. Beat till smooth.
- With paper muffin cups, fill 1/2 to 2/3 way full with the batter. Now take the cream cheese filling and with a large teaspoon full carefully place on top of the batter, be careful not to let cream cheese filling touch the sides of the Paper cups.
- Divide up the cream cheese filling into all the cups you have filled with the pumpkin batter. It will vary for everyone. I get 10 muffins, some get 8.
- Now top with the topping.
- Combine the 4 tablespoons of flour, sugar, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoon Butter. Cut in the butter mix till all is evenly mixed. Sprinkle the topping on the top of the batter.
- Bake about 20 - 25 minutes or till done.
Really nummy. After reading other reviews, I too added a full 15 oz can of pumpkin pur?e. Moist but rose nicely. I got 16 muffins out of recipe.
AMAZING! I doubled the crumble topping and I also added an extra cup of pumpkin and a dash of nutmeg. Overall they were better than Starbucks. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
These muffins were great. I increased the recipe slightly to get 12 muffins,m since it says 8-10, and I wish I hadnt because I ended up with 20 larrrgeeee muffins LOL. I guess there was enough in what is stated in the recipe to make more than 12... The flavors are good, but the cheese mixture, for me, was too runny to keep it from touching the sides of the paper, so it wasnt exactly all in the center. Overall they taste very good and are very appealing to the eye :) Thanks!