Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a combination of a couple of recipes I found and adapted into one. Hope you like it.
- 250 g ground meat (beef and or pork)
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 4 slices bacon (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 70 g cream cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 -3 pinches dried Italian seasoning (basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, sage, and or thyme)
- Mix the first 9 ingredients together in a bowl to make the meatballs.
- Separate into 8 equal parts and build flat round patties.
- Mix the rest of ingredients into a separate bowl to make the filling.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Divide the filling onto 4 of the patties. Be careful not to add too much and to place it in the center.
- Place the remaining 4 patties on top of the filling, being careful not to spill the filling.
- Add some olive oil to a hot pan and sear the patties for 30 secs on each side.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes to finish them off.
That recipe is awsome, the meatballs are so delicious and easy to do!
The meat and the filling go well together and finishing them in the oven makes them stay juicy and soft. A great way for making them, they came out wonderfully!
Served next to veggies, salad or home made fried, its just a dream!
Thanks for sharing!