1/2 Photos of Cream Cheese-Filled Crumb Cake
I adore Entenamann's cheese filled coffee cake and wanted to try my own. Original recipe from Teriskitchen.com. I halved the crumbs/batter for my square pan, but not the filling, as I like mine loaded. :)
My Private Note
cake sq ...
Units: US | Metric
For the crumbs
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
For the filling
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Grease a 13x9x2-inch cake pan.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the butter, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix with your hands to form crumbs (I used a small handheld pastry blender).
- 4Take out just enough for crumbs on top of cake, about 3/4 cup. Set aside. To the remaining crumbs add the eggs and milk; beat well.
- 5Place all filling ingredients into a medium bowl and beat with a whisk or mixer until smooth.
- 6Spread half the batter into the cake pan (batter is very thick and sticky).
- 7Pour the cream cheese mixture on top to within about 1/2-inch of the edges.
- 8Gently spread the remaining batter on top of the cream cheese (I dropped little dollops of it all across the top, as it was so thick it didn't spread well, especially on top of liquid cream cheese).
- 9Sprinkle the top with the reserved crumbs.
- 10Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Remove from oven and set on a rack to cool.
- 12To serve, cut into squares.
- 13Leftover cake should be refrigerated after a day.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese-Filled Crumb Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1872 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.9
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 262.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 5.2 g