Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love carrot cake, and muffins. This recipe combines the 2 for an amazing treat!
Make and share this Cream Cheese Filled Carrot Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cansliced carrots, drained
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Puree carrots in a food processor until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- In a small bowl, whisk the pureed carrots, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups one-third full. In a smal mixing bowl beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- Drop cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls into center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
EXCELLENT!!!! Really quite easy too. I think next time I would put the filling closer to the middle of the muffin. I used low fat cream cheese too and they were quite yummy!
I was disappointed with this recipe. Pros: The spices were very nice, and they smelled wonderful while baking. Cons: Although I used ingredients that I thought would make them very moist (half honey, half brown sugar; coconut oil), they were a bit dry. Perhaps I should have baked them for less time. The cream cheese part just seemed like part of the cake of the muffin. I was hoping it would be moister and creamier. It had the same texture and flavor as the cake. I was expecting more of a filling. The kids ate them, but no one loved them. Two days later, we have five left. Around here, if something is very good, it's gone in a day.
these were delicious! i actually used pumpkin instead b/c i had no carrots and it was great with pumpkin. i also used 1/3 fat cream cheese and found i had more than i needed but liked the muffins with a lot of filling the best!. i also threw in some oats and walnuts and vanilla, oh and ginger. deeelicious! i am excited to use carrots next time !