1 hr 5 mins
This is a tradional brownie recipe, but it has a twist with it's cream cheese ribbon which adds a wonderful texture and flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup self rising flour, sifted
- 1 3/4 ounces pecans, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Lightly grease an 8-inch square cake pan and line with parchment Beat together the cheese, vanilla, extract, and 5 teaspoons of the sugar until smooth, set aside Beat the eggs and remaining sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Place the butter and the cocoa in a small pan and gently heat, stirring until the butter melts and the mixture combines, then stir it into the egg mixture.
- 4Fold in the flour and nuts Pour half of the brownie mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan and level the top.
- 5Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture over that, then top with the remain brownie mixture.
- 6Bake for 40-45 minutes, cool in the pan To make the frosting, melt the butter in the milk.
- 7Stir in the confectioner's sugar and the cocoa.
- 8Spread over the cooled brownies and decorate with the pecan halves.
- 9Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Filled Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (867 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.1
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 158.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g