Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cheesy spread topped with a tangy mango chutney. From Saveur magazine. Excellent!
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup major grey's mango chutney
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- Put slices of bacon into a medium skillet and cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towels to let drain, then crumble and set aside.
- Put butter, cream cheese and cheddar cheese into a medium bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Transfer cheese mixture to a serving bowl and smooth out top with back of spoon.
- Spread chutney over cheese mixture and scatter bacon and scallions on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled, 2-3 hours.
- Allow dip to rest 1 hour at room temperature before serving. Serve with crackers, if you like.