Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Perfect for any summer get-together and ALWAYS disappears quickly. Also super easy to make...although the freshest fruit is a must! Cooking time includes chilling time (best served chilled).
- 1 (16 ounce) package Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 -3 cups fresh fruit, sliced
- Crust: slice the cookie dough into 1/4 to 1/3 in pieces and spread onto buttered (13 in or so) pizza pan using wet fingers. Bake @ 350 til light brown - usually 12-14 minutes.
- Glaze: Mix 1/2 cup sugar with 1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch, then Stir in OJ and pineapple juice. Cook in saucepan, stirring 'til thick. Cover & refrigerate.
- Filling: Mix 8 oz softened cream cheese with 1/3 cup sugar & 1 tsp vanilla and spread on baked cookie crust.
- Top with sliced fresh fruit as desired. Pour glaze over fruit (I like to spread it evenly using a silicon brush or flexible spatula) and chill in refrigerator.
I used fresh pineapple and orange segments. I cut them too thick because it's not clear in the recipe. I highly recommend cutting the fruit very thin. It will aid in spreading the glaze evenly. This dessert wasn't too sweet and it WAS delicious! We used a pizza cutter and a strong, sturdy spatula to pry the pieces from the pan. The kids were able to pick up their "pizza" and eat it. They thought it was a fun dessert. I'll make it again with berries.