Recipe by Mary in OR
Quick and easy, make ahead dessert. My favorite! It was sharred by an outstanding bakery in Portland, OR - JaCiva's
Top Review by KristinB
I had a bunch of fresh strawberries yesterday, so went looking for a recipe & spotted this one. It was fabulous!! I used the vanilla as I didn't have any lime juice/limes on hand. Brings a whole new meaning to 'strawberries & cream.' I had the leftovers for breakfast this morning (I must confess, I ate most of it myself last night) & it was even better today!! Thanks for posting... it's a simple, delicious way to use up berries!! I think it would taste great with any fruit/berries.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 limes, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip cream until stiff and set aside.
- Beat Cream cheese with the confectioners sugar and lime juice until fluffy, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Chill and serve topped with fresh sliced strawberries.
- Note: Once I forgot to get the limes at the store and added vanilla extract instead.
- We liked it just as well, maybe better.