- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, sofened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- halved maraschino cherries or candied cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, cream shortening, cream cheese and sugar.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the ceamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Top each with a cherry half.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 1 minutes before removing to wire rack.