Recipe by Air Force Mama
Adapted from The Adventures of a Kitchen Girl. If the filling is too much, you can halve it.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (you can use light or low fat also)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (can use up to 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls (you can reduced fat also)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, butter, vanilla, and egg.
- In a large casserole dish, unroll one package of the crescent rolls and lie flat in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the of the unrolled crescent roll dough.
- Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and lie flat on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Brush egg whites on top of the crescent roll dough.
- Bake for 35 - 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Let completely cool before cutting into squares.