Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of the girls made this and brought it to work. Fell in love with it and I know you will too.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sprinkle on top
- Unroll one can of crescent rolls; press into a lightly greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Beat egg yolk in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the beaten egg yolk, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix until blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the crescent roll dough.
- Unroll remaining can of crescent rolls on a sheet of wax paper. Place on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Whisk the egg white. Brush over the crescent rolls. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cool in the pan.
This is a real keeper. I sprinkled sugar on the top and used sliced almonds. I thought I would be the only one in our house to try this ut it was gone in a flash with requests to make it again soon.
O M G...I made this Sunday morning and then died and went to heaven (or so it seemed). You just know this is a keeper. I'm thinking the next time I may try putting some preserves on top of the cream cheese mixture and see how that turns out. Thanks so much for sharing this grrrrreat recipe.
This is a clear winner! I'll be making this often...delicious. The nuts are key to the wonderful flavor. I liked the ease of preparation and will serve again and agin! Thank you for a great recipe. Chef #321912