Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Kraft Foods originally. It is nice way to use extra cucumbers. For adults this appetizer is one to have with a bunch of other stuff as a filler and needs to be seasoned with salt and pepper. If you have kids it is a great way to get kids to eat their veggies when you make sailboats. Make sure to seed the "boats" and omit salt and pepper. Use a toothpick as the pole of the sail if you'd like and thin pieces of carrot as sails. Fast and easy and can be made ahead. Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 1 carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup divided )
- 1⁄2 cup chive & onion cream cheese (1/3 Less Fat)
- 2 cucumbers, cut lengthwise in half, seeded
- salt and pepper
- peas (optional)
- RESERVE 2 tablespoons carrots.
- Mix remaining carrots with cream cheese;
- spoon into cucumber shells.
- Top with reserved carrots.
- Cut each cucumber half into 5 pieces to serve.
- For Kids- Let the kids make cucumber "boats" instead! Just fill the cucumber shells with the cream cheese mixture as directed. Then, add snow peas for the sails. Decorate with other cut-up fresh vegetables as desired to resemble colorful sailboats.
This is such a fun recipe for kids and adults alike! :) I luved the cute look of the sailboats and the yummy fresh taste! What a healthy snack idea! Mmm, the carrot adds a lovely sweetness to the onion and chives cream cheese and the cucumber makes everything taste so crisp. I made the sail boats eventhough I dont have small children and it was so cool! :) Instead of snow peas, which I didnt have on hand I used kohlrabi pieces that I cut into sails. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this great keeper with us, Chef DLH! Ill make it again! Made and reviewed for Went to the Market Tag Game May 2010.