Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in honey and lemon rind.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make your favorite sweet bun recipe. Pipe mixture onto warm buns in the shape of crosses.
- Do not reheat once crosses are in place.
I used this recipe for my hot cross buns with dried cranberries (recipe #160775). The icing was tasty, though I will take care to make sure to decrystallize my honey better next time (the texture was a little off).