Prep 50 mins
Cook 20 mins
Not really croissants but they kinda look like them when they're done baking. They also resemble Pigs in a Blanket...minus the "pigs" of course since this is dessert :) Prep time includes chilling.
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until soft.
- Sift in flour and mix until combined.
- Gather into a ball; divide dough in half.
- Flatten each half, wrap in greaseproof paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling.
- Mix together the chopped walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Working with half of the mixture at a time, roll out thinkly into a circle (about 11in diameter).
- Trim the edges with a knife using a dinner plate as a guide.
- Brush the sufacewith the egg white glaze and then sprinkle evenly with half the filling.
- Cut the circle into quarters and each quarter into 4 sections, giving a total of 16 triangles.
- Starting from the base of the triangles, roll up to form spirals.
- Place on the sheets and brush with the remaining glaze.
- Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar.
- Bake until golden, 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.