1 hr 10 mins
Not really croissants but they kinda look like them when they're done baking. They also resemble Pigs in a Blanket...minus the "pigs" of course since this is dessert :) Prep time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water, for glazing
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling
For the filling
- 1Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until soft.
- 2Sift in flour and mix until combined.
- 3Gather into a ball; divide dough in half.
- 4Flatten each half, wrap in greaseproof paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, make the filling.
- 6Mix together the chopped walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 9Grease 2 baking sheets.
- 10Working with half of the mixture at a time, roll out thinkly into a circle (about 11in diameter).
- 11Trim the edges with a knife using a dinner plate as a guide.
- 12Brush the sufacewith the egg white glaze and then sprinkle evenly with half the filling.
- 13Cut the circle into quarters and each quarter into 4 sections, giving a total of 16 triangles.
- 14Starting from the base of the triangles, roll up to form spirals.
- 15Place on the sheets and brush with the remaining glaze.
- 16Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar.
- 17Bake until golden, 15-20 minutes.
- 18Cool on a rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese "Croissants"
Serving Size: 1 (969 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 76.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g