I am not normally a fan of desserts...I'd generally rather have the main course twice. However, you can add cream cheese to just about anything and I would gladly eat it! This was given to me by a friend at work and has become a go-to recipe when I need something for carry-ins. It's good warm, cold, room temperature, by itself or smothered in a light fruit topping. I want to try it with fat free cream cheese and Splenda but haven't yet. If you do, let me know how it turns out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat overn to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- 3Open and unroll one package of croissants (do not flatten) and lay at the bottom of the pan. (pinch together the perforated edges as needed.).
- 4In a bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk until smooth.
- 5Spread mixture on top of croissant.
- 6Open the second package of croissants, unroll and lay on top of cream cheese mixture.
- 7Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes (or until the top layer is very lightly browned).
- 8Immediately after baking, brush the top with egg white and sprinkly with remaining sugar.
- 9*I sometimes add a little cinnamon to the top as well.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Croissant Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.3
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 528.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g