Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am not normally a fan of desserts...I'd generally rather have the main course twice. However, you can add cream cheese to just about anything and I would gladly eat it! This was given to me by a friend at work and has become a go-to recipe when I need something for carry-ins. It's good warm, cold, room temperature, by itself or smothered in a light fruit topping. I want to try it with fat free cream cheese and Splenda but haven't yet. If you do, let me know how it turns out!
- Preheat overn to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9X13 baking dish.
- Open and unroll one package of croissants (do not flatten) and lay at the bottom of the pan. (pinch together the perforated edges as needed.).
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk until smooth.
- Spread mixture on top of croissant.
- Open the second package of croissants, unroll and lay on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes (or until the top layer is very lightly browned).
- Immediately after baking, brush the top with egg white and sprinkly with remaining sugar.
- *I sometimes add a little cinnamon to the top as well.
These are one of our favorites. Made them this afternoon with the new chocolate cream cheese Kraft has. Yummy with powdered sugar dusted on after they baked.