Recipe by Lainey39
These are delicious pastry type cookies that are a great addition to any Christmas cookie tray. I got this recipe a few years ago from a newspaper article and have been making them ever since. Prep time does not include chilling dough overnight.
- 4 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 lb butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 4 cups flour
- 1 lb about 3 cups ground nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- powdered sugar, to roll out dough
- granulated sugar, to roll crescent in before baking
Directions See How It's Made
- For pastry, work ingredients into a smooth dough. Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Divide dough and roll on powdered sugar-covered board or pastry cloth. Cut into about 2-inch squares.
- For filling, combine ground nuts, sugar and egg whites. (Egg whites make filling more moist and holds filling together better).
- Fill and bring opposite corners together, bringing one corner down to form a triangle, then roll into a crescent. This is to prevent opening when baking.
- After crescents are formed, roll in granulated sugar before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until delicately browned.
- Remove from pan to cooling rack.