Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This dough works very well with prepared or purchased fruit fillings, good cooked down jam or your favorite nut filling.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese
- 1⁄2 grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 grated orange, rind of
- fruit filling
- powdered sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- For dough:.
- Thoroughly mix flour, butter, cream cheese, orange and lemon rinds.
- Pinch off small pieces of dough, stack in bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- In small bowl, beat egg and set aside.
- Roll out dough balls into 3" circles on board liberally sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Fill with approximately 1/2 teaspoon of your choice filling.
- Roll up and curve into crescent shape.
- Place seam sides down on greased cookie sheet.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes, however check at 15 minutes since some ovens bake somewhat faster.
- Makes about 80 crescents.