Recipe by grandma2969
if you take these to an event..be sure to bring extra copies to hand out for the many requests
Top Review by closet chef in ma
Loved this..I've made the other one similar to this but loved the addition of nuts (I used sliced almonds). I also liked that there was no added butter. The only thing I did differently was to spread some all fruit spread on the bottom layer of crescent rolls. Great recipe!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, seperated
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, seperated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- line the bottom of a greased 13x9" baking pan with one package of crescent rolls.pinching seams together; set aside.
- blend cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and egg yolk together.spread evenly over crust --
- gently place remaining crescent roll dough on top, pinching seams together.
- set aside.
- whisk egg white until frothy, brush over the top of dough.
- sprinkle with topping, bake at 350* until golden about 25-30 minutes.
- slice into bars to serve.