Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
if you take these to an event..be sure to bring extra copies to hand out for the many requests
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, seperated
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, seperated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- line the bottom of a greased 13x9" baking pan with one package of crescent rolls.pinching seams together; set aside.
- blend cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and egg yolk together.spread evenly over crust --
- gently place remaining crescent roll dough on top, pinching seams together.
- set aside.
- whisk egg white until frothy, brush over the top of dough.
- sprinkle with topping, bake at 350* until golden about 25-30 minutes.
- slice into bars to serve.
Loved this..I've made the other one similar to this but loved the addition of nuts (I used sliced almonds). I also liked that there was no added butter. The only thing I did differently was to spread some all fruit spread on the bottom layer of crescent rolls. Great recipe!
I made this with the reduced fat cream cheese and it was scrumptous! Family loved it, even the 9 nieces and nephews that were here for breakfast :-). Sure to make again, thanks for sharing!
My sister just gave me this recipe and said it is absolutely terrific! Thanks for the almond extract idea; I may try that too! :)