Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great way to use leftover cranberries! You can freeze these for later!
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 (8 ounce) container soft cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Unfold pie crusts, and press out fold lines.
- Cut each pie crust into 4 squares, discarding scraps.
- Combine cream cheese and next 4 ingredients; spread 1/4 cup mixture onto each pastry square, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Moisten edges with water; fold pastry diagonally over filling, pressing edges to seal.
- Crimp edges with a fork.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or till golden brown.
- Sprinkle pockets with powdered sugar, and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Yield: 8 servings Note: Unbaked pockets may be frozen in airtight containers up to 1 month.
- Bake frozen pockets at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden.
These are really nice, tasty little pockets. I spread the cream cheese mixture over just half of the pastry square in order to fold the other half over and crimp. I had leftover filling, which I've refrigerated and will use on my morning bagel tomorrow. They baked up nice and crisp and were very good. Thanks Sharon, good recipe!