Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I make these using my own homemade prepared bread dough that I keep frozen, but the store-bought prepared frozen bread rolls work just fine. If you are using homemade bread/bun dough make certain that you have 24 dough balls, and also make certain the dough balls are just slightly larger than a golf ball, you should get 4 balls across and 6 balls down the 13 x 9-inch baking dish (a total of 24 bread dough balls) You can use dried cherries in place of the cranberries. Prep time does not include preparing the homemade bread dough if using.
- 24 frozen dough rolls, thawed but still cold (leave the rolls in the fridge overnight to thaw)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries (can use more or less)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted can use a couple tablespoons more of melted butter
- 1 cup sugar, divided (can use more)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, very soft
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Press about 10-12 dried cranberries into each of the cold thawed bread dough.
- Place the rolls into the prepared baking dish.
- Combine melted butter with 1/2 cup sugar, cream cheese and orange juice; whisk well to combine, then pour over the bread rolls in the dish.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and let rise until double in size (the rising time will depend on the temperature of your kitchen).
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, orange zest, and remaining dried cranberries, then sprinkle mixture over the rolls that have already risen to doubled.
- Bake immediately for about 25-30 minutes or until the rolls are baked through.
- Place the powdered sugar in a bowl and add in the whipping cream adjusting amount to create a thick glaze.
- Drizzle over HOT rolls.
- Toss on extra cranberries if desired.