Recipe by *PENNY*
This is a great change from the traditional green bean casserole. You can add crunchy bacon bits for a bit of a twist on the flavor.
Top Review by Lacey R.
This is a fabulous base recipe but I only gave it 4 stars because I tweaked the recipe quite a bit. I used the suggested butter and cream cheese amounts but because it was soooo cream cheesy, I ended up using a #10 can of sweet corn and 1 regular can of cream corn. It turned out perfect and less like a dip than the original recipe. I also added in garlic powder, onion powder Lowry's season salt and cayenne. This dish was a hit with my family!
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) package French-fried onions, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute onions until translucent.
- In large bowl combine butter and cream cheese. Stir in corn, cream corn, chilis and onions. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in half of the french fried onions and sprinkle remaining onions on top. Bake 15 minutes longer.