Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great change from the traditional green bean casserole. You can add crunchy bacon bits for a bit of a twist on the flavor.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) package French-fried onions, divided
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute onions until translucent.
- In large bowl combine butter and cream cheese. Stir in corn, cream corn, chilis and onions. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in half of the french fried onions and sprinkle remaining onions on top. Bake 15 minutes longer.
This is a great dish. It has flavor, comfort, and a great addition to just about any meal. I did a couple of tweaks to it. I only added about 1/2 to 3/4 the amount of butter and cream cheese that it called for, and I only added 1/2 the amount of creamed corn but twice the amount of whole kernel corn. It came out so very delicious. My kids and husband loved it, even my adult child who never eats corn loved it. Glad we found this recipe.
What a super yummy casserole. I did take the advice of one of the reviewers and decreased the amount of cream cheese. The only thing it lacked was color. So Yummy and easy to make. Thanks "PENNY" for sharing.
So Yummy! And super easy too! Have made it several times and love, love, love it.