1/1 Photo of Cream Cheese Corn and Potato Soup
Happy Harry #2's Note:
Always trying to put together recipes that my meat-loving and my vegetarian students will both like. I was quickly making some cornbread that needed creamed corn. By the time it was in the oven and I was cleaning up did I realize that I had an open unused can of creamed corn. Don't usually like using processed item, but sometimes it just works! Came up with this mixture as a trial.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 4 -5 ounces whole kernel corn (frozen or canned,if canned,drain)
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, cut in small cubes
- 8 ounces half-and-half or 8 ounces whole milk (either one for richness)
- 8 ounces filtered water
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon potato starch or 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I did not use) (optional)
- 1/4 Splenda sugar substitute, add to finished product as desired
- 1Wisk half and half, water and starch until blended in 5-qt.
- 2pot with lid.
- 3Place on medium heat.
- 4Add Neufchatel cheese.
- 5Heat and stir until cheese starts to break down.
- 6Add rest of ingredients EXCEPT Splenda.
- 7Bring to slow boil, turn dowm to simmer, cover and cook at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- 8Stir frequently.
- 9Add Splenda when finished if you wish soup to be sweeter.
- 10Adjust liquid needs if it thickens too much upon standing.
- 11This is good with some shredded sharp cheese and slivered green onions on top-- don't overdo as this will change the taste of the soup.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Corn and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.3
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 858.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g