1/1 Photo of Cream Cheese Corn and Potato Soup
Happy Harry #2's Note:
Always trying to put together recipes that my meat-loving and my vegetarian students will both like. I was quickly making some cornbread that needed creamed corn. By the time it was in the oven and I was cleaning up did I realize that I had an open unused can of creamed corn. Don't usually like using processed item, but sometimes it just works! Came up with this mixture as a trial.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 4 -5 ounces whole kernel corn (frozen or canned,if canned,drain)
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, cut in small cubes
- 8 ounces half-and-half or 8 ounces whole milk (either one for richness)
- 8 ounces filtered water
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon potato starch or 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I did not use) (optional)
- 1/4 Splenda sugar substitute, add to finished product as desired
- 1Wisk half and half, water and starch until blended in 5-qt.
- 2pot with lid.
- 3Place on medium heat.
- 4Add Neufchatel cheese.
- 5Heat and stir until cheese starts to break down.
- 6Add rest of ingredients EXCEPT Splenda.
- 7Bring to slow boil, turn dowm to simmer, cover and cook at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- 8Stir frequently.
- 9Add Splenda when finished if you wish soup to be sweeter.
- 10Adjust liquid needs if it thickens too much upon standing.
- 11This is good with some shredded sharp cheese and slivered green onions on top-- don't overdo as this will change the taste of the soup.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Corn and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.3
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 858.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g