Recipe by Audrey M
These are so grrrrrrreat! The cream cheese adds a special touch to these cookies. Prep. Time is refrigeration time of dough.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan pieces, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and 3 ounces cream cheese until creamy.
- Slowly add sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Beat after each egg into butter mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and blend in well with electric mixture.
- Now, stir in vanila and pecans.
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove dough from refrigerator.
- With a Tablespoon, cut into dough and drop on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Drop unto cookie sheet two inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheet for a few minutes and then remove to a wire cooling rack.
- Beat 1/4 cup of softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk until smooth.
- With a Tablespoon, slowly drizzle glaze over cookies.
- Let stand 1 hour or until glaze is set.