Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
A light and tasty cookie with an apricot filling.
Make and share this Cream Cheese Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Beat the butter and cream cheese in mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or until softened. Add the flour and sugar, then beat till well mixed. Form the dough into a ball.
- Roll the dough, half at a time, into a 10 x 7 1/2 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 2 -1/2 inch squares.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon jam into the centre of each square. Moisten edges of each pastry with water. Fold dough over filling to form a triangle. With a fork, crimp edges together to seal.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet an bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. When cool, either dust with confectioners sugar or dip in chocolate glaze.
- Chocolate Glaze; melt together the chopped chocolate and shortening in a small pan. Dip the cookie tips into the glaze then place on a rack to set.