Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicate, not oversweet cookie
Make and share this Cream Cheese Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet (or use a cookie press). If desired, make an indentation in the center with your thumb or other object; fill with preserves, or press candy into center.
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven.
- Cookies should be pale.
Made the dough a month ago and popped it in the freezer. Today we thawed it, rolled it out to 1/4", used a 2" round cutter with scalloped edge, and baked for 14 minutes on parchment (turning the pan midway). Yield: 42 cookies.
My changes: 1) used unsalted butter, so added 3/4 t. kosher salt; 2) increased vanilla to 2 t.; 3) increased flour to 350 g (about 2 3/4 c).
This is a nice crisp sugar cookie. The dough was easy to work with and held its shape well during baking. My personal preference tends more toward shortbread, so next time I'm going to try cutting back on the sugar a little (175 g instead of 200) and mixing in chopped toasted pecans. Thanks, Tish!
Second try at Cream Cheese Cookies - first one did not include egg. I had trouble with the first recipe with the cookie not staying together. With this recipe I did not have that problem. I chilled the dough and then took a spoonful and rolled it into a ball and put an indentation in the center and filled with raspberry jam. Baked for 20 minutes and let set a few minutes before taking them off the cookie sheet. These are so pretty and so good! Thanks for the recipe. Will try this same recipe trying to make it gluten free.
Wonderful recipe, will become a family tradition. I filled with grape jelly (made by my best friend); they taste great and make a nice presentation. Kept their shape without being heavy, should do well with a cookie press too. I made it exactly to recipe and have already been requested to prepare them for a holiday party.