1/3 Photos of Cream Cheese Colcannon
1 hr 10 mins
Nancy's Pantry's Note:
This mashed potato dish is typical for St. Patrick's Day. Makes a great side dish to corned beef. Made for ZWT-8-Great Britain
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain and reserve the cooking liquid. Allow potatoes to cool until they can be handled.
- 2Boil cabbage and onion with the reserved potato water in a pot until softened, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-qt. casserole dish. Peel and cut potatoes into chunks, place in a large bowl. Mash skim milk and butter into potatoes until mixture is smooth. Stir drained cabbage and onion into potato mixture. Fold cream cheese, salt and black pepper into potato mixture, stirring until the cream cheese melts.
- 4Pour potato mixture into prepared casserole dish. Bake in a preheated oven until browned, 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Mashed Potatoes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mashed Potatoes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Colcannon
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 132.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & fresh ground pepper