Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My families favourite " Coffee Cake", slice thin and enjoy with your favourite java.
Fruit Spice and Nut Mixture
- 1⁄3 cup raisins or 1⁄3 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup toasted nuts, chopped (ie pecans, walnuts etc)
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain yogurt or 1 cup light sour cream
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Soak raisins or dried cherries in warm water till plump- about 10 minutes, dry well on paper towels- chop coarsely Place into a freezer baggie, seal and mix by turning over several times to coat the raisins or cherries, brown sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa, cinnamon and nuts- set aside With an electric mixer in a large bowl cream the butter, cream cheese, both sugars and eggs till well blended.
- Blend the vanilla and yogurt or sour cream into the mix- set aside.
- Place dry ingredients into a freezer baggie, seal and blend well by turning over to mix Add dry mix to cream mix in increments, blending well on low speed of mixer Spread 1/3 of batter in prepared bundt pan, layer some of the filling mixture then hand sprinkle some of the fruit, spice& nut mixture.
- Layer by same steps till all are used.
- Bake 50- 60 minutes or until pick inserted is clean.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert on cake stand and serve.