Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've been making this for a long time. I got the recipe from a monthly newsletter decades ago! It is our favorite coffee cake. The kids and grandkids love it! It doesn't look fancy but the cream cheese makes it special.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Beat until smooth after each addition.
- Spread into greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Combine topping ingredients to make struesel and sprinkle over cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Thank you Dozey Doats for posting this recipe. I too have been making this coffeecake for decades. It makes a delicious, large pan that keeps well.
Excellent. Served Christmas Eve morning and it was loved by all. I did have to cook 8 more min. I used Splenda with no problems.