Recipe by dozey doats
I've been making this for a long time. I got the recipe from a monthly newsletter decades ago! It is our favorite coffee cake. The kids and grandkids love it! It doesn't look fancy but the cream cheese makes it special.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Beat until smooth after each addition.
- Spread into greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Combine topping ingredients to make struesel and sprinkle over cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.