This is a fabulous coffee cake. Cream Cheese adds to the richness and it just melts in your mouth. I like to make this when I have a good friend coming by for coffee, as if I just whipped it up! Impressive and Yummy!
- Grease and flour (or spray with Pam) bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Combine flour and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; reserve 1 cup of mixture setting aside.
- To crumb mixture in bowl add baking powder, soda, salt, sour cream, 1 egg and almond extract blending well.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 egg and poor over batter in pan.
- Sprinkle reserved 1 cup of crumb mixture over all.
- Bake at 350° 45 to 50 minutes or until cheese filling is set and cake is golden.
- Cool at least 15 minutes before removing sides of pan slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
My favorite...YUMMY YUMMY IN MY TUMMY
We had this for Sunday morning breakfast. DH really liked it. I sprinkled the top with confectioners sugar to give it a little more sweetness.
I have made this recipe 3 times already and I have been getting rave reviews.They especially like the crumbs on top!!