Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Bake in a non-fluted tube pan for a very classic look. This is one of Southern Living's Show Stopping Cakes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk, if necessary
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears.
- Sift together 3 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoons salt; add to butter mixture alternately with bourbon, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat batter at low speed until blended after each additioin. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, toasted pecans, and shredded coconut. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12 cup tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rach 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Stir together 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, and 1 teaspoons vanilla until smooth, adding another 1 tbsp milk, if necessary, for desired consistency.
- Place completely cooled cake on serving place or cake stand; spoon glaze evenly over cake.