Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
Another incredible cake from Southern Living (December 2004). Top the cooled cake with sifted powdered sugar or a simple frosting glaze, and maybe a little extra coconut and pecans.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, shredded
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Grease and flour a 12 cup tube or bundt pan.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow yolk disappears.
- Sift together flour and salt; add to butter mixture.
- Beat batter at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla, pecans, and coconut.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Made this for my mother in law who loves coconut and pound cake. I added a maple glaze. The whole family loved it, kids, teens, and adults