Recipe by Aunt Paula
These are so yummy. Would be perfect for breakfast or brunch or anytime! I just made a batch late this evening. A parent brought these in for a teacher's luncheon and everyone loved them.
Top Review by joni2001md
This was yummy! I served this for brunch with my son's playgroup, and everyone loved it! Even my husband couldn't resist grabbing a piece on his way to work. I did make a few changes: I only used 1 package of cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar in the filling, spread some strawberry jam on top of the cream cheese, and added some fresh strawberries (since they're in season right now). I also cut down on the sugar for the topping, using only 1/4 cup, with 1/4 cup butter. I did find that the top layer felt too soft after baking for 35 minutes, so I left it in for another 10 minutes, and it came out perfect! Thanks for this super easy recipe!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent roll dough
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Roll out one can of crescent rolls in bottom of 9x13 pan.
- I sprayed pan with cooking spray.
- Cream together: 2 8oz. cream cheese.
- 1 cup sugar.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread this mixture over crescent rolls.
- Lay second tube of crescent rolls over mixture.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter, mix in 3/4 cup sugar,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and pour over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes.