Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Tender, creamy comfort food!
- 4 lbs chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes (remove fat)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 package good seasons original Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon horseradish or 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kitchen bouquet browning sauce
- Cut the chuck roast into 1-inch cubes and remove all fat and place roast in Crockpot.
- Drizzle melted butter over and then sprinkle the package of Italian dressing mix over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- About 45 minutes before done, brown the onion and garlic in the 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add cream cheese,horseradish,black pepper, mushroom soup, mushrooms and Kitchen Bouquet; stir until smooth.
- Pour sauce mixture over cubed beef in crockpot and cook an additional 30-45 minutes.
- Serve beef cubes and gravy over cooked egg noodles or rice.
This was good and smelled wonderful while it was cooking. Makes a lot of sauce. I followed exactly but cooked it on high for 2 hours, then low for 3 adding the last of the stuff the last half hour. Will make again. Thx!
I brought this dish to our family's Thanksgiving Dinner and it was FABULOUS!!! I'm not a fan of crockpot cooking so I made this in a small stockpot on the stove and it was done it about 75 minutes instead of 7 hours. I substituted some ingredients...used an italian salad dressing mix with no sugar and a no fat brown gravy mix instead of Kitchen Bouquet Browning Sauce. We put this on top of our creamy yukon gold mash potatoes and it was a huge hit. I highly recommend.
I knew I was going to love this recipe....it is creamy, comfort food at its best. I used the full amount of horseradish and loved it. Thanks so much for posting thing!