Recipe by seesko
This is a favorite in my family. I made it for the holiday christmas party at work and everyone wanted the recipe. It is the best of cheese cake and chocolate in one.
Top Review by Katzen
I made these for a group I bake for on Wednesdays, and wow - did they ever get amazing reviews! Even better, these are so simple to make - no baking, only a few simle steps! I made the full version with the peanuts and coconut (I used sweetened coconut), and I did double the chocolate topping - I would recommend that to anyone making this recipe. The other thing you really really really need to do is score the chocolate with cutting lines while the chocolate is warm and starting to set - otherwise it's hard to cut through, with the soft creamy layer underneath (obviously, I didn't follow previous reviewer's tips to do this!) Also, make sure these are cold when you cut them - I'd set mine out for an hour before cutting them, and the creamy layer softened up surprizingly fast! These squares are so awesome, I will most definately make them again - thank you seesko, for the simple and showstopping recipe! Made for Zaar Stars Tag.
- 1 cup margarine
- 6 ounces bakers semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup coconut (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts (optional)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- microwave 3/4 cup of margarine and 2 oz. chocolate squares until melted. Stir together.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs, coconut and peanuts (I don't use the coconut because my husband doesn't like it). Press mixture onto bottom of 13x9 inch backing pan. Chill 30 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla until well blended. Spread over graham cracker crust. Chill 30 minutes.
- Microwave reamaining margarine and chocolate squares until melted. Mix well, and then spread over the cream cheese layer. Chill until chocolate is hardened.
- cut into squares and serve. Hint: Warm a knife with warm water to cut without cracking the chocolate topping.
- The review reminded me that I do double my chocolate topping. It just makes it that much better!