Recipe by Annacia
Here's a great cookie that will be enjoyed on the Christmas cookie trays and throughout the year by guests and family alike.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
As you say, a wonderful cookie that can be enjoyed year-round! Most of the time I don't seem to frost the cookies I make, but the combo of this frosting & the chocolate cookie is a big hit! Most of them, this time around, were shared at a weekly meeting we attend, but believe me, I'll be making these again & again! Thanks for sharing a great keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar recipe tag]
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup melted semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄3 cup tbsps icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In large bowl, beat together sugar, butter, egg, melted chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour while stirring. Beat until smooth. Shape dough into 48 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls.
- Place balls on cookie sheet about 2-inch (5 cm) apart. Flatten with glass bottom to form 2-inch (5 cm) circles. Dip glass bottom in sugar, to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are slightly shiny and golden. Remove from oven let cool for 5 minutes before removing cookies from sheet. Repeat process until all dough is used up.
- Spread half the cookies with Cream Cheese Icing and top with remaining ones, pressing lightly. Dust with sugar.
- Cream Cheese Icing:.
- In bowl, whip all ingredients with cream cheese until creamy. Cover and set aside.