Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like to have a variety of pastries for Christmas morning, this one if my kids favorite. Easy to make and easy to dissappear. Save one for yourself.
- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 2 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares, for decoration
- THAW pastry sheets at room temperature 30 minute Preheat oven to 375°F Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- UNFOLD one pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Roll into 14" x 10" rectangle. Spread half the cream cheese mixture on pastry sheet to edges, except leave 1" border on one long side.
- SPRINKLE half the chopped semi-sweet and white chocolates over cream cheese. Starting at long side covered with cream cheese, roll up like a jelly roll. Press edges to seal. Repeat with second pastry sheet. Cover and refrigerate rolls for 1 hours.
- CUT each roll into 12 (1") slices. Place 2" apart on greased baking sheets.
- BAKE 20 minute or until golden. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Decorate pastries with white chocolate. Makes 24 pastries.
- TIP: *To decorate: Place white chocolate in heavy-duty zipper-style plastic sandwich bag. Close bag tightly. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) about 1 minute or until chocolate is melted. Fold down top of bag tightly and snip a tiny piece off one corner (about 1/8"). Holding top of bag, drizzle chocolate over pastries.