Recipe by bmlichty
This recipe is something I've put together over the last year based on many somewhat similar recipes. Eventually it came together absolutely perfectly. I love this recipe because it is simple; everything is thrown into your Crockpot and forgotten until you come back home from work; or school, in my case. I like to make a lot so I can have leftovers and freeze some in portioned containers for quick lunches.
- 3 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies or 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (12 ounce) cans tomato juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, low fat is fine
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning (if you make your own)
- chili powder or cayenne powder
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- chopped onion
- sour cream
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken in your Crockpot first.
- Next, add everything else except for the cream cheese, and toppings.
- Let it cook for 6-8 hours on low; 4-6 on high; or until chicken falls apart when you stir it.
- Add in cream cheese in chunks and taco seasoning and stir until blended. Make sure it is warm after cream cheese is added; serve.
- Play around with this recipe until it has the consistency you like; vary the amount of juice added to do so.
- Serve with tortilla chips if you like, and toppings.
- Or, make this thick and serve over rice.
- Serving number depends on size of chicken; amount of juice added, size of veggies -- etc.