6 hrs 10 mins
This recipe is something I've put together over the last year based on many somewhat similar recipes. Eventually it came together absolutely perfectly. I love this recipe because it is simple; everything is thrown into your Crockpot and forgotten until you come back home from work; or school, in my case. I like to make a lot so I can have leftovers and freeze some in portioned containers for quick lunches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies or 1 (4 ounce) can jalapenos, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (12 ounce) cans tomato juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, low fat is fine
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning (if you make your own)
- chili powder or cayenne powder
- 1Put the chicken in your Crockpot first.
- 2Next, add everything else except for the cream cheese, and toppings.
- 3Let it cook for 6-8 hours on low; 4-6 on high; or until chicken falls apart when you stir it.
- 4Add in cream cheese in chunks and taco seasoning and stir until blended. Make sure it is warm after cream cheese is added; serve.
- 5Play around with this recipe until it has the consistency you like; vary the amount of juice added to do so.
- 6Serve with tortilla chips if you like, and toppings.
- 7Or, make this thick and serve over rice.
- 8Serving number depends on size of chicken; amount of juice added, size of veggies -- etc.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Chicken Taco Chilli
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 1030.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 17.7 g