Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
A great alternative to the traditional tomato sauce and red meat lasagnas we all know and love.
Make and share this Cream Cheese Chicken Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄3 cup onion
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken, breast. crock pot chicken works best keep it simple
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 3⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- Cook lasagna noodles to desired doneness as directed by package; drain. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine cream cheese and cottage cheese; beat well. Finely chop green bell peppers, onion and mushroom, mince garlic.
- Add soup, mushrooms, milk, Italian seasoning and garlic; mix well.
- Stir in onion and green bell pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture evenly into ungreased 13x9 glass baking dish.
- Stir chicken into remaining mixture. Top mixture in dish with 4 noodles, half of the chicken mixture, and 1 cup mozzerella cheese. (Repeat.) Top with remaining 4 noodles.
- In small bowl combine topping mixture, mix well. Sprinkle over top of casserole. Cover with foil.
- Bake immediately or refrigerate over night.
- Bake casserole, covered, for 40 minutes Uncover and bake an additional 10 - 15 mins or until topping is golden brown.
- Let stand before serving.
Tried this tonight and I really loved it! Thank you, I followed the recipe and it turned out great. I wouldn't change a thing. One of my new favorites.