Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chicken casserole with both cream cheese and cottage cheese.
- 12 dry lasagna noodles
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1⁄3 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup of finely chopped bell pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken (chopped or shredded)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- Cook the lasagna noodles to desired doneness as directed on the package; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine cream cheese and cottage cheese; beat well.
- Add soup, pimientos, milk, Italian seasoning, and garlic; mix well.
- Stir in onion and bell pepper.
- Spoon 1/3 of cottage cheese mixture evenly into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Top with 4 of the cooked noodles,.
- Meanwhile stir the chicken into the remaining cottage cheese mixture.
- Take half to the mixture and spread on top of noodles and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese; repeat with 4 more noodles, the other half of mixture, and remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese; top with the remaining 4 noodles.
- In small bowl, combine topping ingredients; mix well and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, bake an additional 10 minutes, or until crumb topping is golden brown. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
This is a wonderful change from the usual, I loved everthing but the pimentos, maybe bellpeppers & celery