I love regular Chicken Cordon Bleu, but it is even better with cream cheese in it!
Make and share this Cream Cheese Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe from Food.com.
- Place chicken between two pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap and pound till 1/4" thick.
- Place one slice ham and one slice cheese on each breast.
- Evenly distribute cream cheese between chicken breasts, spreading on top of the ham.
- Roll up carefully, securing with toothpicks.
- It is important to secure the ends so the cream cheese doesn't leak out!
- Just close the ends by securing them with toothpicks.
- Lightly sprinkle each piece with salt, then dip in the egg.
- Roll chicken in cracker crumbs.
- Cook rolls in hot oil in skillet until light brown, turning occasionally (approx. 5-10 minutes) When brown, add water, cover and simmer until chicken is done, about ten minutes.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.
I have tended to stay away from cooking this dish, because I thought it would be difficult and time consuming. Boy was I wrong. This recipe was easy and extrememly good. My DH was really impressed. The only thing I did different was use crushed rice krispies instead of crackers, and that was only because I was out of crackers.
This was wonderful...better than any restaurant cordon blue that I have EVER had...thanks for the great recipe! It's worth the little bit of effort involved!
This was just a little twist on something I've made for a long time. The cream cheese is a very nice addition and cooking on the stovetop was very easy as well. I've always baked it in the oven and this was quicker. Thank you.