Recipe by SlipC
I love regular Chicken Cordon Bleu, but it is even better with cream cheese in it!
Top Review by Jellyqueen
I have tended to stay away from cooking this dish, because I thought it would be difficult and time consuming. Boy was I wrong. This recipe was easy and extrememly good. My DH was really impressed. The only thing I did different was use crushed rice krispies instead of crackers, and that was only because I was out of crackers.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 slices deli ham (I like to use the honey ham, but any kind is good)
- 4 slices swiss cheese (sandwich size)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- crushed saltine crackers
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between two pieces of wax paper or plastic wrap and pound till 1/4" thick.
- Place one slice ham and one slice cheese on each breast.
- Evenly distribute cream cheese between chicken breasts, spreading on top of the ham.
- Roll up carefully, securing with toothpicks.
- It is important to secure the ends so the cream cheese doesn't leak out!
- Just close the ends by securing them with toothpicks.
- Lightly sprinkle each piece with salt, then dip in the egg.
- Roll chicken in cracker crumbs.
- Cook rolls in hot oil in skillet until light brown, turning occasionally (approx. 5-10 minutes) When brown, add water, cover and simmer until chicken is done, about ten minutes.
- Remove toothpicks and serve.