Recipe by HDMac
Looking for a comfort food? Like to come home after work to a meal ready in the crockpot? This recipe got so many rave reviews on the TOH board that I had to try it. It quickly became one of our favorites!
Top Review by Frenchcooki
This is wonderful! I made it stovetop with twice the amount of chicken (on sale), and about 1/3 can milk, I cooked chicken in butter until just done, then allowed to simmer with soup on low temp for about an hour. I added fresh carrots and green beans with cream cheese, then allowed that to cook about another 15 or 20 minutes. Served with egg noodles. This was a really tasty way to make a several night meal out of chicken breasts. Thanks for the great recipe, it's a keeper!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 package italian seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- cooked rice or pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine chicken pieces, butter and Italian seasoning mix in a Crock-Pot (slow cooker) and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Then add cream cheese and soup, and cook on high until cheese is melted.
- Serve over rice or pasta.