Recipe by MJMommy13
I adapted this from a recipe in the King Arthur Flour baker's companion. It was originally for Herbed biscuits, but the little ones balk at green flecks in their biscuits. They are to die for!!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made your recipe as given, & the biscuits were wonderful, we thought! Loved the combo of the sharp cheddar & the cream cheese! Served them with a chili spaghetti supper, & as leftovers they were just as good the next day! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Measure dry ingredients into food processor and pulse until well combined. Add cheese and cut butter and cream cheese into small chunks and distribute throughout processor bowl.
- Hit pulse about 10 times for 1-2 seconds each pulse until course crumbs develop.
- Pour milk through feed tube in a slow stream while pulsing until cohesive but crumbly dough forms.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and gently squeeze it into a ball. Flatten and gently shape into an 8 by 8 inch square. Cut into 16 even squares.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake 15-18 minutes until lightly browned.