Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this from a recipe in the King Arthur Flour baker's companion. It was originally for Herbed biscuits, but the little ones balk at green flecks in their biscuits. They are to die for!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Measure dry ingredients into food processor and pulse until well combined. Add cheese and cut butter and cream cheese into small chunks and distribute throughout processor bowl.
- Hit pulse about 10 times for 1-2 seconds each pulse until course crumbs develop.
- Pour milk through feed tube in a slow stream while pulsing until cohesive but crumbly dough forms.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and gently squeeze it into a ball. Flatten and gently shape into an 8 by 8 inch square. Cut into 16 even squares.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake 15-18 minutes until lightly browned.
Made your recipe as given, & the biscuits were wonderful, we thought! Loved the combo of the sharp cheddar & the cream cheese! Served them with a chili spaghetti supper, & as leftovers they were just as good the next day! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]